Wednesday, September 14, 2011
GPA Matters?
Of course everyone wants a good GPA in college, but I feel like it is always said that other qualities are more important. After reading the article concerning what matters most to some corporations, I was very surprised to read that a lot of them look at GPA first. I do understand where they are coming from, but I don't think that that is a fair representation of a person. Whether or not though, I feel the issue I have with this is making it apparent to students. I think that a lot of college students have the impression that extra curricular activities, leadership, teamwork, etc are more important qualities than if they have a 4.0. If companies are beginning to pay more attention to grades, the word should be spread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, while i don't think G.P.A. should be the only thing hiring companies look at, if it is so important, less emphasis should be put on extracurricular activities and more focus should be placed on getting those high grades.
ReplyDeleteI also agree. I know that for my major there is a huge emphasis on having a high GPA. I know that for the most part people emphasize extracurricular activities, which are also really important. But I also think that if employers are starting to put more emphasis on high GPAs they really do need to be letting us know.
ReplyDelete