Thursday, November 17, 2011

Goate Bucks!

I thought the activity on Monday was very interesting, and although I still feel like I don't completely understand exactly what was going on...or at least what was suppose to happen...I think when Dr. Goates explains everything a bit more, it will all fall into place.  But here are some of my thoughts though without being completely  educated on the complete exercise, and my take on what we did.  I was in the Bottom Group.  We were instructed not to leave our own designated space unless we received permission from  a member of the Middle Group or Top Group to go elsewhere.  We were allowed to knock on the door of the Middle Group and request a meeting with that group, but we were not allowed to go straight to the Top Group.  These instructions already confused the Bottom Group, with some of us not leaving our areas like it instructed, and others disregarding that statement completely and leaving to find other groups immediately.  I'm not really sure if either of us were right or wrong.  Finally when the Middle Group came down and gave us our instructions for our slogans, we needed to rush and create as many as we could in 10 minutes.  When it came down to presenting the slogans to the company buying them, I felt as though it was mass confusion.  They had already given a lot of the money away, whether they knew what they were doing or not, there was much left to negotiate for our team.  I thought it was good active exercise, but I think I will be able to better appreciate it when I hear it better explained on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment